Get To Know Us
Ascension is a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive community of people who gather to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, to give praise and thanks to God through the beauty of worship, and to love and serve God and our neighbors.
Regular Worship Schedule
- Sunday 9am: Holy Eucharist at Side Altar
- Sunday 11am: Holy Eucharist in the Church with sermon, hymns & the Ascension Choir
- Sunday 7pm: Service of Meditations and Sacrament, including chant, interfaith readings and communion
- Monday–Friday: 6pm at Side Altar. Church open for prayer and meditation 12–3pm.
We'd like to hear from you!
Holy Week and Easter
- Palm Sunday, March 25
- 9 AM Said Eucharist
- 11 AM Blessing of the Palms & Procession, Festal Eucharist w/ Choir
- 7 PM Meditation & Sacrament
- Weeknight Eucharists In Holy Week
- 6 PM at Side Altar
- Monday, March 26
- Dorothy Decrescenzo, Lay Preacher
- Tuesday, March 27
- Joan Castagnone, Lay Preacher
- Wednesday, March 28
- Tom Rice, Lay Preacher
- Maundy Thursday, March 29
- 7 PM Holy Eucharist with Foot Washing, w/ Choir
- Good Friday, March 30
- NOON The Passion and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ, w/ Choir
- Liturgy of the Word, March 31
- 10 AM Saturday
- The Great Vigil of Easter, March 31
- 8 PM Saturday, w/ Choir
- Easter Sunday, April 1
- 9 AM Said Eucharist
- 11 AM Festal Eucharist w/ Choir
- 7:00 PM Meditation & Sacrament
The Lenten Devotional 2018
Recent Sermonsby The Rev. Elizabeth G. Maxwell
Almighty God, you alone can bring into order the unruly wills and affections of sinners: Grant your people grace to love what you command and desire what you promise; that, among the swift and varied changes of the world, our hearts may surely there be fixed where true joys are to be found; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
[ More → ]by Dr. Robert J. Brown
Gracious Father, whose blessed Son Jesus Christ came down from heaven to be the true bread which gives life to the world: Evermore give us this bread, that he may live in us, and we in him; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
[ More → ]by The Rev. Edwin Chinery
Almighty God, you know that we have no power in ourselves to help ourselves: Keep us both outwardly in our bodies and inwardly in our souls, that we may be defended from all adversities which may happen to the body, and from all evil thoughts which may assault and hurt the soul; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
[ More → ]by The Rev. Elizabeth G. Maxwellby The Rev. Edwin Chinery
Almighty God, whose blessed Son was led by the Spirit to be tempted by Satan: Come quickly to help us who are assaulted by many temptations; and, as you know the weaknesses of each of us, let each one find you mighty to save; through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
[ More → ]