Our study group for this book will take place on first Thursdays, March 2, April 6 and May 4 at 6:45 pm. Last fall we postponed our study of Michelle Alexander’s The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in an Age of Colorblindness. On the first Thursday evening of the next four months we will take a break from our regularly scheduled Bible study to consider these issues. As theologian Karl Barth is reported to have said, “with the Bible in one hand and the newspaper in the other.” The book is widely available, and we ask that you arrive at the first session having read the introduction and first chapter. For more information, please speak to Mother Liz.
Get To Know UsAscension is a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive community of people who gather to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, to give praise and thanks to God through the beauty of worship, and to love and serve God and our neighbors.
- Regular Worship Schedule
- Sunday 9am: Holy Eucharist at Side Altar
- Sunday 11am: Holy Eucharist in the Church with sermon, hymns & choir
- Sunday 7pm: Service of Meditations and Sacrament, including chant, interfaith readings and communion
- Monday – Friday: 6pm at Side Altar. Church open for prayer and meditation 12-3pm.
- March 1, 2017: 8am, noon, & 7pm.
- Ash Wednesday Services
We'd like to hear from you!
Building Our Future