Get To Know Us
Ascension is a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive community of people who gather to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, to give praise and thanks to God through the beauty of worship, and to love and serve God and our neighbors.
Regular Worship Schedule
- Sunday 9am: Holy Eucharist at Side Altar
- Sunday 11am: Holy Eucharist in the Church with sermon, hymns & the Ascension Choir
- Sunday 7pm: Service of Meditations and Sacrament, including chant, interfaith readings and communion
- Monday–Friday: 6pm at Side Altar. Church open for prayer and meditation 12–3pm.
We'd like to hear from you!
Holy Week and Easter
- Palm Sunday, March 25
- 9 AM Said Eucharist
- 11 AM Blessing of the Palms & Procession, Festal Eucharist w/ Choir
- 7 PM Meditation & Sacrament
- Weeknight Eucharists In Holy Week
- 6 PM at Side Altar
- Monday, March 26
- Dorothy Decrescenzo, Lay Preacher
- Tuesday, March 27
- Joan Castagnone, Lay Preacher
- Wednesday, March 28
- Tom Rice, Lay Preacher
- Maundy Thursday, March 29
- 7 PM Holy Eucharist with Foot Washing, w/ Choir
- Good Friday, March 30
- NOON The Passion and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ, w/ Choir
- Liturgy of the Word, March 31
- 10 AM Saturday
- The Great Vigil of Easter, March 31
- 8 PM Saturday, w/ Choir
- Easter Sunday, April 1
- 9 AM Said Eucharist
- 11 AM Festal Eucharist w/ Choir
- 7:00 PM Meditation & Sacrament
Monthly Archives: October 2012
Join us for worship on All Saints’ Sunday, November 4th at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. with baptism and choral eucharist at the 11 o’clock service. Canterbury Downtown regular service at 6 p.m. Remember to turn your clocks back one hour tonight. The new date for the Parish Harvest Supper will be posted here soon.
For our stewardship theme this year, we have chosen the words of Jesus telling the disciples to bear “fruit that will last.” Here is the link for the 2013 Stewardship Campaign Booklet with a pledge card enclosed for you to complete and return. We will have an all-parish celebration with a Harvest Dinner in the …
Olivier Latry, Organist of Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris, will perform an all-French program, including works by Marchand, Grigny, Dupré, Cochereau, Escaich, and the complete Symphonie V of Widor. The recital will take place at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, October 24th. Olivier Latry is one of the most celebrated and brilliant organists in the world today. …
On Friday, October 19, 2012, at 10:00pm PBS Television will broadcast the premier of Rufus Wainwright in (((live from the artists den))) hosted by The Church of the Ascension on Channel 13. Rebroadcast on Saturday, October 20th on WLIW21 at 10:30pm. You can watch the trailer and find other local TV listings online at http://artistsden.com/season5/rufuswainwright.
We welcome Fr. James Reho as guest clergy for several Sundays in October. Father Reho currently serves as Chaplain and Director of Pastoral Care, Deployment and Formation, as well as Director of Theological Field Education, at The General Theological Seminary in New York City. Previously, Fr. James served as a priest at Trinity Cathedral, Miami, …
Thursday nights (through October 25th) will bring a special five-week series in honor of the 350 year anniversary of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer, “Our Anglican Heritage: The English and American BCP.” Each week we will explore the continuing history of the BCP tradition and how they have affected our sacramental life today. Our …
The second annual “Blessing of the Animals” service will held in the front garden on October 7th at 12:30 pm. Please invite your pets and friends to join us as we celebrate the love and appreciation of all God’s creatures through the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi.