What is so rare these days as a play with a cast of 15? That’s the size of the forces onstage for “Murder in the First” at 59E59 theaters. The play – “An engaging 1940’s –style melodrama” according to The New York Times – is inspired by the true story of the case that led to the closing of Alcatraz, the notorious prison in San Francisco Bay. The powerful courtroom drama centers on the bond that develops between a young public defender and the prisoner whom he defends and ultimately befriends. Because of a generous grant to the Directors Company, Ascension Outreach is able to make tickets available for a DONATION of $75. ALL of your donation will go to Ascension Outreach, Inc. to purchase food for the Food Pantry or support the afterschool Tutoring Program. For more information, contact Lisa Dunn LMD27 at columbia dot edu or speak to Matthew Snow. The performance is at 7:00 pm.
Get To Know UsAscension is a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive community of people who gather to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, to give praise and thanks to God through the beauty of worship, and to love and serve God and our neighbors.
- Regular Worship Schedule
- Sunday 9am: Holy Eucharist at Side Altar
- Sunday 11am: Holy Eucharist in the Church with sermon, hymns & choir
- Sunday 7pm: Service of Meditations and Sacrament, including chant, interfaith readings and communion
- Monday – Friday: 6pm at Side Altar. Church open for prayer and meditation 12-3pm.
- March 1, 2017: 8am, noon, & 7pm.
- Ash Wednesday Services
We'd like to hear from you!
Building Our Future