What is so rare these days as a play with a cast of 15? That’s the size of the forces onstage for “Murder in the First” at 59E59 theaters. The play – “An engaging 1940’s –style melodrama” according to The New York Times – is inspired by the true story of the case that led to the closing of Alcatraz, the notorious prison in San Francisco Bay. The powerful courtroom drama centers on the bond that develops between a young public defender and the prisoner whom he defends and ultimately befriends. Because of a generous grant to the Directors Company, Ascension Outreach is able to make tickets available for a DONATION of $75. ALL of your donation will go to Ascension Outreach, Inc. to purchase food for the Food Pantry or support the afterschool Tutoring Program. For more information, contact Lisa Dunn LMD27 at columbia dot edu or speak to Matthew Snow. The performance is at 7:00 pm.
Services at AscensionAscension is a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive community of people who gather to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, to give praise and thanks to God through the beauty of worship, and to love and serve God and our neighbors.
- Worship Schedule
- Sunday 9am: Holy Eucharist at Side Altar
- Sunday 11am: Holy Eucharist in the Church with sermon, music & choir
- Sunday 7pm: Service of Meditations and Sacrament, including chant, interfaith readings and communion
- Monday – Friday: 6pm at Side Altar
- Holy Monday, Holy Tuesday, Holy Wednesday March 30, March 31 and April 1st: 6 p.m. Holy Eucharist at the Side Altar and Lay Preacher
- Maundy Thursday, April 2 at 7pm
- Good Friday, April 3, Noon
- Great Vigil of Easter, Saturday, April 4 at 8 p.m. Holy Baptism and the First Eucharist of Easter with Choir
- Easter Sunday, April 5th: 9 a.m. Said Eucharist (Side Altar) 11 a.m. Festal Eucharist with Choir (Main Altar) and 7 p.m. Meditation and Sacrament
- See the post at left for the complete schedule and description of services for Holy Week and Easter.
Holy Week and Easter 2015
We'd like to hear from you!
April 2, 2015 at 7pm
Anthems at the Foot Washing
In hoc cognoscent omnes
Gregorian Chants (Sung in Latin)
Maurice Duruflé (1902–1986)
O Sacrum Convivium
Olivier Messiaen (1908-1992)
April 3, 2015 Noon
O Vos Omnes
Tomás Luis de Victoria (ca. 1549-1611)
Ave verum corpus
Josquin Desprez (ca. 1440–1521)