One hundred years ago this Saturday, on April 14, 1912, the son of the founder of the world-wide Baha’i faith, ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, spoke publicly for the first time in the United States. At the invitation of the Rector of the Church of the Ascension, The Rev. Dr. Percy Stickney Grant, this historic talk marked the spread of this new teaching in America. On the Centenary Anniversary of this event, the Church of the Ascension will once again extend spiritual hospitality to members of the Local Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of New York City at a gathering beginning at 11:30 am in the church. Interested members of the parish are cordially invited to participate in welcoming our neighbors to this joyful anniversary occasion.
Get To Know UsAscension is a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive community of people who gather to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, to give praise and thanks to God through the beauty of worship, and to love and serve God and our neighbors.
- Regular Worship Schedule
- Sunday 9am: Holy Eucharist at Side Altar
- Sunday 11am: Holy Eucharist in the Church with sermon, hymns & choir
- Sunday 7pm: Service of Meditations and Sacrament, including chant, interfaith readings and communion
- Monday – Friday: 6pm at Side Altar. Church open for prayer and meditation 12-3pm.
- March 1, 2017: 8am, noon, & 7pm.
- Ash Wednesday Services
We'd like to hear from you!
Building Our Future